Anxiety level today: (Scale of 1-10) 8
Going to try to make that a 1~
SAFE: Decision making
I made a tough decision today. Something I really did not feel right about. Something I initially agreed to. After some thought I had decided I’ve changed my mind. Yikes. Once again. I felt BAD, GUILTY, AWFUL. I was going to let someone down. BUT if I didn’t I would let myself down. SO I had to make a decision.
I went with my gut. I stuck to my guns. I am proud of myself. I am growing. I am not letting people walk all over me anymore. I am standing up for myself. I AM PROUD. It is OK to change your mind. Things do not always have to be BLACK or WHITE.
Do not let people disrespect you, look down on you OR intimidate you. If you make a decision, and it feels right, stand by it.
Woah!! I am sooooo impressed and thrilled that my students LOVED these AND were so successful with them!! They kept tabs of their schedules, carefully checking off each thing we completed and checked to see what they had to do NEXT!!! I absolutely LOVE the independence!! So proud of these guys!!!
SAFE: Highlighting sight words – I love giving my students simple choices, such as choosing the color highlight they would like to use!! Simple and so effective! Great job finding ALL your sight words!!
SAVE: What is it with me and white?! I just love the first pic (Loving me some polka dots) and the 2nd pic has some great storage space!!! (And do not think for ONE SECOND that I am not loving the fact that Lily would have her own, personal stair case….)
SAFE: My community had a huge yard sale today. I got 10 books for $2 LOOK WHAT I FOUND!?
Does anyone else remember this movie?? It was my absolute FAVORITE!!!
The yellow brick road was destroyed !
SAVE: How fitting!! Teaching sight words AND phonics!!
It is pretty SAFE to say that I am so excited for my aunt and uncles week long trip to Myrtle Beach (They left this morning!) As much as I wish I was there too, I am happy for THEM! ❤ Enjoy! Have fun, explore and R-E-L-A-X
Some things I am SAVING for my next trip :
Kindred Spirit Mailbox – Bird Island, Sunset Beach, NC
The Kindred Spirit Mailbox can be found on Bird Island in Sunset Beach, NC. Some go in search of it while others discover it by accident. To those who live on the island it’s a treasure and a landmark for our quaint and picturesque beach town.
The mailbox is hidden back by the dunes about two miles from the pier on the west end. I like to search for the American flag because I know to look for it there after passing a small sign welcoming you to Bird Island. Be warned that once you find it, it will be hard to leave without peeking inside and getting caught up reading through the journals left in the tiny metal frame. In the journals and old composition books you will discover notes, poems, love letters, farewells to loved ones, and even something as simple as I was here. Hours can be lost in such a remote little spot but I promise it will be something that you will never forget.
So when you come and stay at The Sunset Inn here in Sunset Beach, NC be sure to visit the treasure of the island known as the Kindred Spirit Mailbox.
SAFE: Happy Birthday Desire! And Roald Dahl!!(Writer of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach)
In addition to his writing, Dahl was a fighter ace for the Royal Air Force during World War II, a diplomat, and a spy. He lost a child to measles, but in spite of an often turbulent life, he dipped into a deep well of positivity to produce works adults and children alike know and love to this day.
1. “A little nonsense now and then, is cherished by the wisest men.”
2. “Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
3. “If you are going to get anywhere in life you have to read a lot of books.”
4. “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”
5. “I’m afraid men are not always quite as clever as they think they are.”
6. “I like enthusiasts of any kind.”
7. “If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams, and you will always look lovely.”
8. “Come right up close to me and I will show you something wonderful.”
9. “Books shouldn’t be daunting, they should be funny, exciting and wonderful; and learning to be a reader gives a terrific advantage.”
10. “A little magic can take you a long way.”
11. “What a fortunate fellow I am, I kept telling myself. Nobody has ever had such a lovely time as this!”
12. “Above all watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.”
13. “A person is a fool to become a writer. His only compensation is absolute freedom. He has no master except his own soul, and that, I am sure, is why he does it.”
1. Is your opinion easily swayed? Do you trust yourself?
2. What are you doing on this rainy day?
3. Scan your body for 5 minutes. How does it feel? Any pains, feel good? Etc??