Wow. It is the LAST day of September!
I can NOT believe it!!! The month really breezed by! I am excited to begin pumpkin and Halloween activities in class, bake some spooky treats and maybe even go to my cousin’s Halloween Party! 🙂
Here are ten things I am digging the LAST September day!
1. Cheese and yogurt making class
I use so much, it may be worth finding out!
2. I was nominated for the blogging LIEBSTER AWARD!!
(To help discover new up-coming blogs!)
THANK YOU to The ‘Pen’lightenment for nominating me!! Check out her awesome blog (she is a teacher as well!!)
This made my day! I have to:
1. Link and thank the person who nominated you
2. Answer the questions they asked you
3. Pick eleven awesome bloggers to nominate ( preferably those with less than or around
200 followers )
4. Ask them eleven questions
5. Let them know by commenting on one of their posts
HERE ARE MY ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS I WAS ASKED:
- Give one word to describe your blog. Spunky
- What is that one quality that makes you different from other bloggers. Sometimes I “type” before I think…..I just let it all out!
- Which is that place , in the entire world , that you would want to visit before you die? Fiji
- Name three things that inspire your writings or pictures. My students, my eating, my family/friends
- What according to you is more important ..money or memories ? memories
- Which is that one place , close to your home that always makes you take out your pen or camera? Downtown Haddonfield
- What is that one quality you look for most ,in a friend? space
- How did you start with blogging? When I started taking responsibility to and admittance about my eating disorder
- Which is you most favorite holiday destination till date? ( a place you have been to ) Santorini
- What is you favorite hobby ,other than blogging? crafting, traveling/exploring. coffee tasting
- Which is your favorite movie and why ? I don’t think I really have a favorite!! Im a sucker for kids movies though (pixar) and I do LOVE Elf lol 🙂
HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS TO THE PEOPLE I HAVE NOMINATED :
1. What is your favorite thing about the state you live in?
2. Do you like to talk on the phone?
3. Do you prefer coffee or tea?
4. What is the best place you have ever visited?
5. Name one place you would LOVE to visit?
6. Do you have any unique/interesting hobbies?
7. What made you start blogging?
8. Have you met any bloggers in person?
9. Do you belong to any clubs? (book clubs, running club, etc)
10. What is your favorite season and why?
11. Do you have any pets? What kind and what are their names?
3. Oh my, SAVE THE DATE! November 8-9
5. We had a blast writing our own space story!
We took turns and each added a bit to our story. This was part one. We will finish the ending tomorrow. Also we will make covers and type and “publish” our story. What a fun way to learn on out story elements!
anddddddddddddddd more yoga 🙂
6. Stop, just stop.
Everywhere I look facebook, instagram, newspaper, emails…..advice on diets. What to eat, what NOT to eat, what is good for you, what is bad for you.
I have an eating disorder. I am working on getting healthy and approaching food in a healthy way. I want to have a healthy relationship with food and am realizing how many people have such an UN-HEALTHY relationship with food. Whether they restrict, over indulge, they are using food as some sort of control. I use my blog as a place to store ideas for the recipes I like and I want to try. If you choose to try them as well, that is wonderful, if not, that is wonderful as well!
So many people try to “convert” others to live their lifestyle, try their foods, try their diets, etc, etc, etc. The bottom line is that every person has to do what is right for them. Please do not force your thoughts or food beliefs/values onto others. You are the only one that has control over yourself. You do not have to justify to anyone why you choose the choices you do, you only have to admit those reasons to yourself and decide whether they are healthy for you or not. You do not have a right to give advice to anyone on food and what they place in their bodies. You DO have the right to eat what you want, when you want, without feeling judged by others!
I know personally, for me, MY GOAL is to eat good food most of the time, not be afraid to try new things, not be afraid to eat in front of others, and most importantly to not have to spend most of my day thinking about food, food situations, or how to fool myself into thinking I am “not” hungry. I want to LIVE MY LIFE. I want food to enjoy and to keep me healthy and alive. I do NOT want food to run and control my life.
7. Tina, this ones for you ❤
Raising Your First vs. Your Second Child
By Jason Good, father of two
First Kid: All homemade in special baby-food processor. Quinoa! Spinach! Sweet potatoes!
Second Kid: Crackers.
First Kid: Crib that Daddy put together himself while Mommy yelled at him.
Second Kid: Mommy’s bed. Daddy now has his own room with a mattress on the floor surrounded by dirty socks.
First Kid: One hundred percent organic cotton. Some even made of bamboo?
Second Kid: His brother’s old clothes.
First Kid: In our backyard with a piñata hanging from the Japanese maple.
Second Kid: Pizza on the floor.
First Kid: Every night in a special bathtub that’s just the right size. Hand-washed with a soft cloth or silky sponge.
Second Kid: Twice a week. Swimming pools count.
First Kid: Swaddled in a Miracle Blanket. “Baby Beluga” sung to him. Asleep by 7:30pm.
Second Kid: Falls asleep on the sofa with mom’s boob in his mouth at 10:30pm.
First Kid: Playgroups, mommy and baby get-togethers in the park!
Second Kid: His brother’s friends.
First Kid: All handmade out of wood. Mostly Swedish.
Second Kid: The boxes his brother’s toys came in.
First Kid: PBS/Sesame Street only. Two 23-minute shows per day.
Second Kid: Has his own Netflix account.
First Kid: Something European with an umlaut in its name.
Second Kid: Old muddy shoes with faded umlaut and missing sole insert.
First Kid: Diapers, then some kind of training underwear, then underwear.
Second Kid: Might crap in a diaper until college.
First Kid: A wonderful woman named Sarah, whom he loves and will cherish for the rest of his life.
Second Kid: Doesn’t have one. We never go out.
8. The Little Yellow Leaf by Carin Berger
Yes it is a children’s book, but it is just so……..perfect!!“As all the other leaves float off and fly past, Little Yellow Leaf thinks, I’m not ready yet. As the seasons change all around, Little Yellow Leaf holds on to the tree. Still not ready. Will Little Yellow Leaf ever be ready? This is a story for anyone who has ever been afraid of facing the unknown—and a celebration of the friends who help us take the leap.”
9. One of my avoidance’s this week: Fixing my toilet.
I need a new toilet. I need to hire someone to come out and replace it. I need to do this ASAP. I have been lifting the top of my tank up to flush my toilet for that past few months………seriously, I need to make that phone call and get this done!
10. Saving money this month!
- I have subscribed to have the newspaper delivered = save $7
- I have been brewing my own coffee (instead of driving to wawa each morning for coffee and a paper) Total savings this month : $1.80 x 30 = $54
- TOTAL SAVINGS THIS MONTH = $61!
- Not bad, and the best part. I am ENJOYING my extra time. The convenience of my paper, my coffee (the smell of it brewing is fantastic)and knowing that Lily gets a little “extra” in her morning walk! Less time driving = More time for Lily to walk!
How can YOU save this month?
1. Are you afraid to take a “leap” into something new?
2. Do you judge others on how/what they eat? How can you stop those judgments?
3. What are you avoiding this week and HOW are you avoiding it?