1. Phew! This humid weather! I am not the only one dealing with limp hair and lack of energy…..all my fellow teachers could be heard with the same complaint today “I am soooo tired and don’t know why
2. This entire outfit. I love!
3. Tree in South Africa
I definitely want to see this in person…..one day 🙂
4. Abstainer or Moderator?
I loved this post over at Olives n’ wine, it made me decide to make my OWN list of things I abstain from or moderate in my life 🙂
First, what does it mean?
You’re a moderator if you…
– find that occasional indulgence heightens your pleasure–and strengthens your resolve
– get panicky at the thought of “never” getting or doing something
You’re an abstainer if you…
– have trouble stopping something once you’ve started
– aren’t tempted by things that you’ve decided are off-limits
I am very much a moderator and abstainer. I am MUCH better at being an abstainer because of my ED history and need/want for perfection (inner) BUT I am slowly transitioning over to the moderator side 🙂
So here are some of my picks (believe me I could list thousands!)
- occasional run. I find that my once in a while “when I feel like it” run is something I am accepting SO MUCH MORE these days, and actually enjoying the runs, instead of forcing myself to do something and end up making it a task.
- books. I am accepting and reading the books I enjoy for pleasure. I am letting go of the recommendations and picks by others and going with what I truly enjoy, instead of forcing myself to commit to something I am not enjoying.
- clothes/shopping/fashion. Men, I am your dream come true. I could care less about designer anything. I am pretty simple. I don’t need or want the latest fashions. Yes I enjoy looking nice, but I can look nice with inexpensive clothes and handbags 🙂
- My shampoo/conditioner. I will never go back to drug store brands. I have my preferences and for good reason. I enjoy taking care of my hair!
Abstainer * I have to say I am getting SO much better at many things I used to be so controlling about. Its eye opening to see how far I have come!
- running. Once I start , I can’t ever go backward. Each time I run, I try to beat my previous self whether it is mileage, time, pain, etc, etc. It is NOT a healthy way to exercise. My mind takes over and tells me crazy little things
- exercise (in general) I beat myself up easily over a missed workout. I tell myself I am lazy if I don’t do it one day. This is something I am getting SO MUCH BETTER at. I am finding less destructive, abusive ways to let my body get (and enjoy!) the exercise it needs ❤
- coffee. I am never willing to give this up. It is my biggest addiction, guilty pleasure. I wake up craving and looking forward to my first cup (the first cup is ALWAYS the best cup!)
- bad moods. Sadly, once I fall into a bad/cranky mood. I have a very difficult time getting out of it. I hate that I allow it to ruin my entire day, although this too is increasingly getting better!
- work. My job is my passion, love and life. That is the difficulty that comes with loving your job. To me my job is much more. I enjoy it. I work with children. I teach them amazing things. I see amazing growth and progress. How could you not love that? However I have difficulty disassociating myself with the teacher in me. I often times find the “teacher” in me carrying over after work hours…….because I have a hard time finding that balance
- sweets (cakes, cookies, chocolate) Honestly, this is actually a pretty good thing. I think I could totally live without potato chips, cookies, cakes, etc. I have not had them in such a long time, they make me feel icky, are so processed and I much prefer something else. (give me a spoon and some peanut butter!) So I could definitely LEAVE certain sweets without any guilt.
- Peanut butter. I could never, ever, ever see myself not eating PB at least once per day. EVER.
- Oatmeal. Yup , never going to give that up. I pretty much eat it daily for breakfast
- Alcohol. This just in recent years has become an non-issue or non want. I have no desire for alcohol. At times, at a wedding or dinner, I may enjoy a glass of wine, or out with a friend after a long month at work……..but I could live my life without it.
5. Pitman Craft show (This weekend!!)
6. Calling my fellow Peanut Butter Lovers!
Here is a taste test!! My trader Joes pick made the list 🙂
What is YOUR favorite PB?
7. Love is a choice. Not a feeling or action
Being married twice, not once I can truly attest to this notion. Both parties in a relationship need to choose unconditional love for each other. Too often the blame game is played (he’s too…..she’ s just so…..)
Stop! Make a choice. Can you compromise and commit , or will you go your separate ways. Neither is wrong. It’s what is best for you in the moment
Right now I am choosing not to love in a romantic relationship. Right now I want to focus on self love as well as love for my family and friends. I don’t want any other kind of love at the moment. I am hopeful I will soon , but right now I am content with the work I am currently invested in. 🙂
I really loved this article! Read it and tell me your thoughts!
I am still working on #30!