I think spring fever has hit, because I, personally, am E-X-H-A-U-S-T-E-D! Pretty much everyone else I spoke to today, felt the SAME WAY. I am not sure if it is Spring Fever, or if we are all just trying to do too much.
I am tired. I am exhausted. The combination = pure misery
I find myself being short with myself and others, easily annoyed, irritated and very impatient. I don’t like feeling this way at all. It is not fair to me or anyone that crosses my path.
So what do I do?
- Yoga. Yes, this has been SO helpful! However, I think I am overdoing it just a bit. I find myself exhausted and forcing myself to go to some pretty intense classes ALL THE TIME. Instead of opting to do a little routine at home on those nights I am super tired, I force myself to go to classes. Sure I feel better after, but I think I pay for it the next day, and the next……..plus I start my unhealthy pattern and routine, where I feel FORCED. This just makes me dread and dislike something I truly need and love. I need to figure out HOW to stop being so pushy with myself.
- sleep more. This is so tough. I am a morning person. I love to get up early and start my day! Great, right? Trouble is………I push, push , push myself from the minute I get up until I literally get ready for bed. Maybe instead of Sleep More, my goal should be “rest more”. I need to find less stressful things for my body to do that are restful yet constructive. This is the difficult part. Finding that balance.
- Stop making an endless to do list, that I try to accomplish in ONE DAY. I jam pack my days. Otherwise, I feel unproductive and guilty. Some of my BEST days have been the ones that I did the least, but REALLY, truly gave my full attention and effort to the tasks or experiences. Being more present is much more meaningful that doing MORE.
- Slow down. Enjoy people, things, feelings, food. I am getting better at realizing WHEN I need to slow things down, now its just about executing that. I acknowledge it, then push it down and think “I can rest LATER”
My goal is to enjoy life MORE. I am pretty sure in order for this to happen, I really need to slow down and just be present. Present with my relationships, food and experiences. In fact, I think we ALL need to slow down. I am definitely not the only one guilty here.
SO how are YOU going to slow down and start enjoying things?
- This little peanut is turning ONE! Oh my gosh! Where did that year go? (REMINDER: Slow down!)
- Great book, what a beautiful story!
- Loving my new yoga mat. I got the Harmony 71″, a bit longer than my old one which I am loving!
- Saw the Outlander dress window display at Saks in NYC this weekend BUT am sooooo bummed I missed seeing him
- will it ever be warm enough so I can wear something like this or this? I am not even motivated to buy spring/summer clothes at the moment, because it is just too…..COLD
- Love these too…
- Love that my mama taught us how to make golumpki!
- Fun project for my dad!!
- Yoga journal live NYC pretty awesome! Next year I want to sign up for the weekend. I just did the yoga market and a few community classes. It was pretty amazing being around so many incredible people!