This is the time of year we all make those dreaded RESOLUTIONS. Personally I am trying to stay away from rigid, set routines; SO my resolutions will be a bit different this year. Ma I love this idea from amazing blogger, Fairyburger (read her list here). Instead of giving yourself one year to make (unrealistic) changes, you get 1001 days, which equals about 2 and ¾ years. This is much more realistic as many things can not possibly happen in a year. Changes only work if you ………….change. Huh. That simple 🙂
For me, it is a lot less stressful knowing I do not have to accomplish all my goals in one year, it is more of a “work in progress” which is so much healthier for me and my ritualistic ways. So here is my list for things I want to accomplish in 1001 days.
Start: December 29, 2016
Finish: September 26, 2019
1) Be open and willing to change (including this list!)
2) read 100 books (log and create your own reading challenge)
3) Journal 5x per week (currently love my bullet journal AND Stigma app)
4) move back home
5) create a cozy reading nook
6) Continue to voice my opinion and thoughts even if others do not agree
7) practice gratitude
8) purchase random stranger a coffee at Wawa (1x per month)
9) Say No when I really mean it (without feeling wrong or guilty)
10) More flexible, less rigid
11) make and create new recipes (for myself and others)
Health + Fitness
1) Give up chewing gum .(Yes, chewing gum addiction is a REAL thing 😦 )
2) walk and talk with others
3) Refer to “exercise” as movement, instead.
4) Move when I feel like it, rest when I feel like it
5) Allow myself MORE rest.
6) encourage others to move instead of exercise, DO WHAT FEELS good.
7) Drink more water per day.
8) try to avoid getting stuck into patterns/routines by trying and doing new things.
does this picture bother you??? LOL
1) Volunteer after school to teach Yoga to teacher 1x per month
2) Find a volunteer organization to work with
3) give my full attention to my students while I am teaching.
4) give my parents the patience they deserve
1) become highly qualified in language arts and math.
2) collaborate with other teachers
3) observe in other classrooms
4) develop a homework system
5) simplify a google document for progress monitoring (some google docs in the classroom ideas)
6) Plan novel units for all grade levels and students
1) Set up a budget and stick to it when I move home.
2) Keep better track of what I spend (yes this means I have to look at my statements more and admit I am spending TOO much on coffee)
3) Help my parents Donate/sell the things they don’t need.
4) Make monthly payments on student loans.
5) Apply for loan forgiveness (special education teachers)
1) Sew something
2) Improve Polish (use duo lingo app to practice).
3) learn painting techniques
4) learn how I can paint at home to relax.
5) Take yoga classes at various studios to compare
6) accomplish head/hand stand
7) have mom teach me various polish recipes
8) make a cheesecake
9) start my own book club
10) try and take as many free library classes as I can
1) Visit California (and Des) again
2) Road trip with family
3) Go somewhere with my godson and nephews
4) Swim in tropical blue water
5) Plan weekend mini trips away
6) plan a night or two of relaxing (reading, eating, hot tub, candles etc)
7) explore Europe
8) Continue to try to practice yoga in every state
9) Plan a girls getaway with my mom, aunt and cousin ❤
Family & Friends
1) Send Birthday cards to friends and family
2) Leave “just because” messages/gifts for friends and family (every other month)
3) Attend more meetup groups that interest me (hiking, biking) Find one that is a great fit
4) Visit my cousins in Poland
5) Try various breakfast places
6) Have separate “dates” with my mom AND dad
- A new television for my home.
- A hybrid bike
1) Publish at least 2 blog posts per month
2) Try (and) publish at least 12 new recipes
3) Get more followers
4) get more comments
5) meet up with fellow bloggers
6) Make my blog more functionable, easier to search, etc (clean it up)
7) Publish my top ten books 4x per year (books with reviews)
1) participate in themed school days (make costumes)
1) Do things out of my comfort zone.
2) continue with therapy
3) update my 101 in 1001 list!