Happy 4th of July weekend! I Cannot believe it is finally here! it felt like a long (but great) winter and now, believe it or not, fireworks!
I want to share 4 things I am currently LOVING:
Mama’s secret products are SO indulgent. I tried for the first time this week and I am hooked (and oh so soft and smooth!) Mama’s secret Dry Skin Healing Treatment is amazing! It was perfect for my after the sun (burnt) skin. It was so soothing and made me glow. I felt like this was the perfect companion to a gentle tan. I rubbed some on my arms and chest and was glowing. It lasted so long and really worked great on my dry spots (heels, elbows, etc) I am super excited to try the other products!
Love this beach survival kit idea. Perfect idea for summer birthday gift!
Another favorite I discovered this week (which also happens to be a favorite of my friend, Meghan) is The Naked Bee Hand & Body Lotion.
it has a very spa-like scent to it. Made me feel so fresh, smooth and pampered! Not greasy and kept my skin hydrated while smelling so Ahhhhmazing. I used the Nag Champa scent which I felt was very “organic, earthy and aromatic”. I would love to try out the other scents to see which is my favorite. They offer this cool sampler pack on Amazon (Here) The Orange Blossom Honey definitely piques my interest!
Visit: Southport, N.C. (travel blog will be up soon!)
This is the perfect and quaint little town for a romantic or single getaway. So much to see, do and ……relax! I love exploring and finding beautiful hidden gems, like Southport (Southport is located between Wilmington N.C. and Myrtle Beach S.C)
From left to right (top row)
- Yoga at the dock (highly recommend) & Bike rental at Adventure Kayak (Super honest, friendly and I received so many compliments on my “ride” Loved the color!)
- The street that my Airbnb was located on………indeed I have many amazing memories from “Memory Lane”
- Lee the Lizard (yup I named him) during my nature trek at Southport Marsh Walk . I learned so much about salt marshes and their importance!
- Southport Marina. Beautiful views, boats and nature trails
- The view at Oak Island Beach. Going?Check out Top Ten Things to do at Oak Island
- Best name ever for a pet store…..(Read Animal Farm) “Four legs good, two legs bad”
I have been trying to get inspired with some creativity in my life. I do not watch much T.V., listen to music, or create. Most of my creativity comes in the form of movement (and not in a graceful sort of way) So I am trying to expand my creativity a bit and open up to some more things. I have difficulty “feeling” passion for things (like music) So I am so thrilled that during a recent bike ride with some old biker buddies, I heard this song (instrumental) that I cannot seem to get out of my head! I immediately “felt it :)Slow and small BUT….Progress
This past week has taught me that I really need to allow myself to rest and relax.
When I transition into something new, I react, with FEAR. I was terrified of the newness and change to my routine yet I pushed through it and ended up having the most amazing time with some wonderful friends I have made over the years. I realized so many things this past week about myself and others. The ones that stand out the most:
1. I have the most amazing support group of friends and family
2. Fear, doubt, anxiety, loneliness are only feelings. They will pass when you open yourself up to allow change to come in. The things we fear are exactly the things we need to be challenging ourselves with. I had some great conversations this week that really allowed me to see myself and the good in others ❤