I thought it would be fun to revisit the post I made in 2016…..Not quite at 1001 days but its time for an update! For my original post see here
100 in 1001
Start: December 29, 2016
Finish: September 26, 2019
1) Be open and willing to change (including this list!)
3) Journal 5x per week (currently love my bullet journal AND Stigma app)
4) move back home AUGUST 2018!!!
5) create a cozy reading nook
6) Continue to voice my opinion and thoughts even if others do not agree
7) practice gratitudek
8) purchase random stranger a coffee at Wawa (1x per month)
9) Say No when I really mean it (without feeling wrong or guilty)
10) More flexible, less rigid
11) make and create new recipes (for myself and others)
- Pumpkin chili 10/25
Health + Fitness
1) Give up chewing gum .(Yes, chewing gum addiction i s a REAL thing 😦
2) walk and talk with others: THIS is better than therapy!
3) Refer to “exercise” as movement, instead.
4) Move when I feel like it, rest when I feel like it: still difficult BUT getting easier
5) Allow myself MORE rest.
6) encourage others to move instead of exercise, DO WHAT FEELS good.
7) Drink more water per day. (purchased my MIRA water bottle and LOVE it, it is easy and delicious to drink from daily!) I have been drinking TONS of water daily and feel SUCH a difference! This and a combination of natural Kelp supplements!
8) try to avoid getting stuck into patterns/routines by trying and doing new things. This will always be hard, I am hard-wired to be this way
1) Volunteer after school to teach Yoga to teacher 1x per month: I am still working on this, I did teach yoga to a large group of 6th graders and practice daily meditation and yoga strategies with my students
2) Find a volunteer organization to work with
3) give my full attention to my students while I am teaching.
4) give my parents the patience they deserve
1) become highly qualified in language arts and math. 2) collaborate with other teachers 3) observe in other classrooms 4) develop a homework system 5) simplify a google document for progress monitoring (some google docs in the classroom ideas ) 6) Plan novel units for all grade levels and students 7) tutor
1) Set up a budget and stick to it when I move home. 2) Keep better track of what I spend (yes this means I have to look at my statements more and admit I am spending TOO much on coffee)
I am LOVING nerdwallet for this
3) Help my parents Donate/sell the things they don’t need. 4) Make monthly payments on student loans. 5) Apply for loan forgiveness (special education teachers)
1) Sew something
2) Improve Polish (use duo lingo app to practice).
3) learn painting techniques
4) learn how I can paint at home to relax.
5) Take yoga classes at various studios to compare: Shine Power Yoga , Moonshine , Core Power Yoga Ohgrown Power yoga, Float yoga, Yoga with Beth, Anjali, LIfeTime
accomplish head/hand stand 7) have mom teach me various polish recipes
8) make a cheesecake
9) start my own book club 10) try and take as many free classes as I can
1) Visit California (and Des) again
2) Road trip with family 3) Go somewhere with my godson and nephews
4) Swim in tropical blue water
5) Plan weekend mini trips away (Brigatine June 20-22, Jim Thorpe Nov 7-9 2018) 6) plan a night or two of relaxing (reading, eating, hot tub, candles etc) 7) explore Europe (Paris Aug 2018) 8) Continue to try to practice yoga in every state
9) Plan a girls day with my mom, aunt and cousin ❤
Family & Friends
1) Send Birthday cards to friends and family
2) Leave “just because” messages/gifts for friends and family (every other month) 3) Attend more meetup groups that interest me (hiking, biking) Find one that is a great fit 4) Visit my cousins in Poland (started pen pal with Annia) – AUGUST 2019!!!!
5) Try various breakfast places (Wholefoods Breakfast buffet) 6) Have separate “dates” with my mom AND dad (dad fishing for fathers day)
- A new television for my home. – Going electronics FREE
A hybrid bikeLoving my LIV A faster road bike– No longer interested!
1) Publish at least 2 blog posts per month Definitely did NOT do this
2) Try (and) publish at least 12 new recipes
3) Get more followers
4) get more comments
5) meet up with fellow bloggers
6) Make my blog more functionable, easier to search, etc (clean it up)
7) Publish my top ten books 4x per year (books with reviews)
1) participate in themed school days (make costumes) Fairy Godmothers Oct 2018
1) Do things out of my comfort zone. Practicing this ALL the time! Sometimes I end up loving, something I end up hating! It’s a risk I/we have to take 2) continue with therapy
3) update my 101 in 1001 list!
Do you have a similar list? Do you often check in and check yourself?
Have you looked back at 2018 and ahead to 2019?