My parents are re-discovering their “homes” as I am discovering my own………
How cool is this!
Here is the link in case you want to buy it (and invite me over!)
As I was walking the other day, there were two cars at a red light. A woman, and a guy behind her. She must have run a red light or committed some other road “crime” and the man proceeded to YELL and scream and said the WORST words to her. I wish I would have said something, I was in a state of shock, I could not believe it. Yes, she did something “Bad” but two wrongs don’t make a right. She was scared of him. She was intimidated. I hate that. No human deserves to be treated that way for a mistake. I am not sure it was impactful for her and will prevent her from not doing the same thing again. I need to speak up and speak out.
Thinking about making my house my home. I want to decorate in a way that fits and suits me. I want it to be practical, convenient and welcoming. Currently searching for a dining room sideboard and some kitchen items ( a mirror and some glass pieces). I am so fortunate to have friends with an eye for these things to help me get out of my “black or white”, traditional way of thinking.
To just be me. I am so tired of thinking I should be someone or something else. This is me, like it or not. I see so many wonderful examples all around me, and really need to let go of the fear of judgment that I may be looked at as “Selfish”. I am making the best of my time, doing what I want, regardless if others judge me. We can’t ever control what others think, so why keep doing the same things over and over that I know will make me unhappy. I want to :
Leave when I want to leave
Eat what I want to eat
Wake up/go to sleep when I want
Do things alone as much as I want to or need to
Change my mind, without guilt
- For my lighter summer schedule.
- Friends decorating tips and thoughts ( I am stuck in “Traditional” mode and struggle to think outside the “box”
- My family in Poland secretly arranged a meeting for my mom of her “class” from when she went to school and lived in Poland! I cannot believe they did this! How incredible and amazing of an experience is that! I am so grateful for my family bringing a smile and happiness to my mom! I briefly spoke with her and she was headed out with her school friend to meet up with other school friends. I can’t wait to hear this story!
Her home village
Her old school friend whom she went to 1st & 2nd grade with
I love the enneagram. I find it to be the most accurate and descriptive about my personality type. Interested in finding out yours? Take the test here (I like this one because it gives you your top 3 types, because we are unique, we don’t fit perfectly into one description
Today, I feel I identify most with a type 5, The Investigator, The Observer, The Scholar
How to get along with me…
- Be independent, not clingy; be succinct
- Tell me upfront exactly what I’m committing to
- Plan an exit strategy with me for social events
- Be straightforward, frame requests rationally
- Ideally, I want a home base that is drama-free
- When I open up a little, know it’s big for me
- Don’t put me on the spot, give me warning
- Keep clear boundaries, be aware of mine
- Don’t intrude on the area I’ve deemed mine
- If you want me to share, lead by example
- I’m private, emotions are a foreign language
LOVED this description of your type explained in relationships (romantic and platonic), I find it very accurate and a great checkpoint for myself , Read more HERE
What am I going to pack, bring, wear, etc to Poland/Prague? Exciting and stressful all at once
Love this idea. Conversation starters for your next dinner party. I also plan on using this with my students this summer
Rose: not only do I get to see my parents in a couple weeks. I get to see a lot of my family.
Bud: letting go over what others think, truly letting this go.
Thorn: the anxiety I have over starting my summer school program. The anxiety of travel plans I have (what will I wear. What will I wear. Will I be comfortable. Will I be exhausted. ). Focusing on the now. This very moment. Another thorn or fear of mine: Disappointing others.
House Rules by Jodi Piccoult. This is such a great book. Inside look into Aspergers from all viewpoints (self, family, society, etc), interwoven with mystery and suspense
I have two books that just became available from my holds, going to try to decide which one I am in the mood for