the part where you accept the apology because it’s easier than addressing the root of the problem,”
― Taylor Jenkins Reid, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
I am coming off a total book coma. I just read two EXCELLENT books (actually THREE) and am now struggling to get into my current reads. I guess things could be worse 😉
A little bit of everything……(and in NO particular order)
The Wives Really enjoyed this thriller too!!
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo So far my favorite read of 2020! Not at all what I expected. Beautiful story, and NOT at all what I expected (Honestly I expected “fluff” But it was so, so much more!
- “People think that intimacy is about sex. But intimacy is about truth. When you realize you can tell someone your truth, when you can show yourself to them, when you stand in front of them bare and their response is ‘you’re safe with me’- that’s intimacy.”
Mrs. Everything So good! Got my momma reading it now (Contemporary fiction)
A Madness of Sunshine – Excellent read! Kept me so engaged the entire time! The ending felt a bit rushed IMO , but still really LOVED this one!
Defending Jacob(SO GOOD!)
Started this one
I love to write, the idea of being a “writer” gives me goosebumps. Surrounding myself by inspirational people that encourage me = can’t get any better than that! Something I am considering. This retreat ❤ Oh my….
Advancing my acro.
Struggling – so much- with being present. I could NOT sleep last night. My skin was crawling, I was tossing and turning. My mind was on overload and I felt like “I” wanted to claw myself OUT OF my own body. I find myself living constantly in the “What’s next” instead of being present in the Right now. I am realizing that this exactly is the cause of my anxiety, discontent, fear. I am not fully present anywhere. So in turn, I find myself feeling MISERABLE, annoyed, irritated, and just waiting for the “next thing”. Clearly, this tactic is NOT working for me or anyone, so I realize the right action is the OPPOSITE action, Yet it is so hard to retrain your brain after so many years of living this way.
Of course, I want a quick fix. I want things to happen overnight. (or sooner). I want to feel happy all the time. Who wouldn’t? Yet a constant reminder that I need to continue to tell myself is ONE STEP AT A TIME. My goal is to look for small opportunities and begin there.
- enjoying and tasting my cup of coffee instead of just downing it
- breathing, feeling and listening during yoga classes, instead of thinking about what I need to do after
- listening and really hearing my students, when they try to tell me things, more importantly HELPING them verbalize those feelings
- allowing myself to feel comfortable, even if I have other things to do. Allow myself that glass of wine, a cup of coffee, a slice of cheesecake, even if it were not a planned part of my day
- leaving the set plan and itinerary i set for myself daily and living more intuitively, not just with food but in ALL areas of my life
By Intuitive Eating. If you are not familiar, I HIGHLY recommend you read this and START practicing, January is over, stop the diet talk and start actually living life for what it is, it is NOT a size or a number or how “clean” you can eat.
- My own journey is a constant struggle and battle. I have felt a lot of shame around this issue. Yes, I had an eating disorder, yup it defined me for quite some time. Yes, I allowed others to judge me (and let it get to me) Yet, I am intuitively realizing its not about anyone else but myself. People are free to judge and think about what they want.
- This morning, I WAS hungry, in fact, I would say “starving”, yet of course I questioned my own body and mind. “How could I justify being hungry? I just ate, I am not supposed to be hungry, etc, etc, etc,” The story goes on. Well, guess what? I turned OFF my audiobook, sat in silence and began screaming the thoughts that came into my mind. I realized I was denying myself. I was hiding my feelings and emotions, I was ignoring and dismissing myself. Feelings are just that, feelings. We (I) Need to better accept them for WHAT THEY ARE instead of constantly trying to make sense of them, or dissect them or determine answers. I spend so much time and energy being my own detective and so little time actually …..feeling, Maybe there are no answers. In fact, I KNOW there aren’t any because trying to “Figure things out” has gotten me nowhere! Time to try another approach
- Another excellent post on diet culture
Content-ness – How do you do it? How are you so content and positive? I love it and it is so inspirational! I strive for that, instead of my serious, driven mind going all the time. Love seeing how others can really just take it one moment, one breath at a time and just love life, no matter what is currently in it. I find myself gravitating towards these people more and more lately!
I watched a few episodes of “Cheer” on Netflix and….not feeling it. Although I am at a healthy place, it was quite annoying and triggering and sad seeing young people focused on weight and image. Next! May try this suggestion(Thanks Jer!)
FINALLY ordered my buffet table for my dining area!!! I am super excited to put it together and organize it (Update! It is here , just need to assemble……..)
My weekend project (one of them) Was organization! I ordered these velvet hangers and got rid of all my mismatched, ugly, plastic hangers that were driving me nuts
Registered for NY Acro Fest with my amazing partner and friend! Can’t Wait!!
Getting close to accomplishing a headstand! woooo
I am ANGRY. So so so angry with myself. Instead of accepting this anger I have been avoiding it and trying to deal with it or tell myself to quiet and hush up. Yet by not voicing my thoughts and feelings, I am hurting myself and causing pain.
So excited I have booked a mini getaway for myself. I plan on introverting, reading, yoga-ing, hiking and getting pampered
What are you reading? What have you read?
How do you deal with the busyness of your brain?