a million dreams are in me. – Miss Saigon
- Every great child was brought up by a caring, Wonderful mother. Please know You did such a great job Raising me, teaching me, and loving me.
Happy birthday mom!
- The women behind this year’s Whole Foods beauty bag! Before diving into the bag, I want to give tribute to the WOMEN behind the bags. These bags were made by women in West Africa at a center (ALaffia) that provides opportunities for women to make fair wages that used to work in the sex trade industry to support themselves. This hits so hard, after seeing Miss Saigon yesterday and learning about the devastation of the “Children Of the Dust”. So please, try to support struggling countries and women everywhere. In some way, big or small 🙂
So a few years ago, a friend and I heard about these beauty bags, got up super early and headed to Whole Foods, expecting to see a swarm of customers. However, we were the only ones. I don’t even think the bags were out yet, we had to ask about them. LOL. Oh, how things have changed. This year. I stopped BEFORE work when the store just opened, to find a hand people already at the door. They were there for the same reason I was. Beauty Bags 🙂
- This year Whole Foods offered two choices. A Sunday Bag and 24 Hour Beauty bag. You were able to get both, but I only purchased one, the 24 Hour Beaty. I do love it so much! It is filled with great products I already have a few favorites:
- My gut I need to be better at listening to my gut. It is SO hard, especially when you have spent your life carefully planning, thinking about, even the smallest decisions.
- Such an interesting perspective. We don’t buy things with money we buy them with our time…
Miss Saigon! Wow. It was phenomenal. It actually has Inspired me to do some research about the Vietnam war. Heartbreaking and devastating. This show and the actors were insane! The talent! Wow. I had tears in my eyes.
Crushing hard on “Chris” , Played by Anthony Festa
Ryder Was so adorable and so sweet he was a true pleasure to watch! He is only four years old!
Book “hangover”. Sorry, after two amazing reads, having a difficult time getting into something that catches my interest long enough to WANT to read! Gah!
Need help choosing your next book? Let me help! Fill out this form here
Or read my blogpost
19 books coming out this year you seriously need to read! My top picks :
This week I read and finished Verity. Woah. I have no words. This is probably at the top of my list of favorites. It has everything I love. Dark. Terrifying. Twisted. So good. If you’re looking for a quick read that you do not want to put down I highly suggest this one
My parents. Today my mom, dad, and I went to go see Miss Saigon in Philadelphia. It was so special spending the day with them and seeing the smiles on their faces. We even had to squish ourselves into tiny little seats but did so with a smile on our face‘s. I am so lucky and fortunate to have these two favorites in my life
Interested in doing a free five-day meditation with me? Join me here!
Daily gratitude reminders! Set your clocks now! Going to try this for sure
I need to take a break and rest more (and actually enjoy it). I constantly push myself and I am exhausted (Plus dealing with allergies) Reminder to self: Be gentle
HOW am I going to do this? I need an action plan otherwise I just end up saying and repeating and not actually doing it.
This is HOW: I am going to NYC for a little mini getaway filled with all the things I love and enjoy. I am going to take this trip and make it also an eating experience or experiment. I am going to go off my normal and typical routine meals and eat WHATEVER I want , when I want and really listen to my body! If I see something that looks and smells wonderful, I am getting it. This is going to be SO difficult for me as over the years I have shut up and shut down my bodies natural response to do this. I have conditioned myself to eat the same things, over and over and specific times, etc. My body now craves those things and knows the schedule pretty well. I need to take a break from this, and this little “experiment” will be fun! Wish me luck, It is so hard for me to break free from my routines. This is a HUGE step for me!
About trying this new scent for spring
This body scrub smells so good and is so hydrating.
So excited that my favorite podcast, O.L.D. podcast, has welcomed back Joc Marie, after her maternity leave! She does the Relationships Daily show and It has been MISSED the past 5 months! Relationships cover it ALL. Dating. Friendship. Parenting. Co-Habiting. You name it!
As always, I am linking my favorite episodes from the week, in article format for you to read (If you’d like)
- A reminder to not take the little things and make them something big. How My Wedding Crisis Strengthened My Marriage
- The pursuit of Greatness does More Harm Than Good (YUP!)
- Forget yourself Loved this simple YET effective reminder. Are you really listening? If not, TRY IT. It has changed my world. I am still not an expert at it, but I am aware and trying
Oh man, I have read some interesting and excellent books this week. One of my favorite podcasters, Bad On Paper, finally had their book club discussion for Colleen Hoover’s latest, Verity, wow. I am STILL speechless after this book. So so good. Did not want to put it down. If you enjoy a thriller, read it!
- Dreaming about my little getaway to New York City!
- Walking along the beach collecting seashells
- A world without diet culture….Why I hate restrictive eating and diet culture
- Getting my closets organized like this